This program is designed to attract and retain referees in our game and thank them for their commitment to Oztag. Referees will be rewarded monthly by receiving entries into the state-wide draw. The number of entries a referee receives into the draw will be related to the number of games he/she referees in a calendar month. This all culminates towards an end of year draw with further cash prizes up for grabs.
Tournaments will also be a focus on ensuring we have multiple returning referees for each tournament with our Tournament “Power Up” draw. Eligible referees from all our Referees teams will go into a separate draw at the end of the year for a further chance at winning more cash prizes.
The Podium is a series of levels that referees can achieve through refereeing games over a 1-month period throughout the whole year. Each level of the Podium has a set number of games a referee must achieve. The Podium levels are:
Referees who ref 1-4 games in a calendar month.
Referees that ref more than 5-7 games in a calendar month.
Referees who ref 8 or more games in a calendar month.
Note: The above Levels include buddy games.
For each level a referee achieves they will get one entry into the monthly draw. So, if Margo Smith referees:
- 1-4 games a month she will get 1 entry
- 5-7 games a month she will get 2 entries
- 8+ games a month she will get 3 entries
Monthly Winners – Individual $900
|1st Place Draw||$300|
|2nd Place Draw||$150|
|3rd Place Draw||$75|
|Dispersed between other referees in the monthly draw||$375|
Yearly Winner – Individual $5000
|1st Place Draw||$1,000|
|2nd Place Draw||$650|
|3rd Place Draw||$350|
|Dispersed between other referees in the monthly draw||$3,000|
The Monthly Draw announcement will be made on the last day of each month. A random name generator app to reveal the winner of each month and the results will be filmed and posted on both Qld Oztag Social Media pages as well as the Qld Oztag Referees Page.
END OF YEAR ENTRIES
The number of entries a referee will receive into the end of year draw will:
- be a total accumulation of the number of entries that referee receives in a calendar year.
- be dependent on what Podium Level the referee reaches each month. This could vary from month to month.
So, if Margo Smith referees:
- 1-4 games each month for 10 months she will receive 10 entries.
- 5-7 games every month for 10 months she will receive 20 entries.
- 8+ games a month she will receive 30 entries.
Note: A referee must referee a minimum of 8 games in that calendar year to be eligible for the End of Year Draw.
TOURNAMENT “POWER UP” PRIZE
At all Qld Oztag sanctioned tournaments, the referees are split up into 8 separate teams (Crazy Monks, Banana Slugs, Corn Huskers, Mud Puppies, Blind Mules, Killer Frizzy Bees, Thunder Ducks & the River Rats). These teams are created to bring referees together from different venues around the state and create a culture within the group that’s just not about refereeing. At all our tournaments the referee teams play games and trivia, with the winning referee team members at the end of the tournament receiving the Team Trophy & Gift Cards.
The Tournament ‘POWER UP” Prize will be an additional $1000 cash prize in a separate draw under their Referee Team Banner.
- All referee teams are entered into the draw.
- Referee team members must ref at 3 or more tournaments in a calendar year to qualify.
- The team that gets drawn out will be the winner and those team members eligible will split the prize money between them evenly.
- For example, if the “Thunder Ducks” gets drawn and 5 referees from that team qualified, then each referee will receive $200 each.