Congratulations to all players selected to represent the Rockhampton Cyclones at the 2024 Senior state Cup. Please read the following information carefully and we will be in touch with shadows shortly with further options.
The next steps:
- Don’t book your accommodation just yet! The team is not confirmed until registrations close on the 27th of October 2023. Once the team has received enough registrations your coach will let you know that the team has the numbers.
- Registering – is the same way you nominated for trials. See the instructions below. Registrations and uniform orders are due by the 27th of October 2023.
- Once you have registered your coach will be notified and they will commence interactions with you this will be in the week after the 27th of October.
Travel and Accommodation:
Once we pass the 27th of October I will then confirm with everyone that the team received enough registrations to officially enter the team into the competition (teams need a minimum of 12). Once I confirm this you will then be able to commence booking your travel and accommodation plans. Players are to organise their way to and from the event and accommodation. It is recommended to allow ample travel time to and from the event. Games could potentially commence early Friday morning and if teams make the finals these games may not conclude until late Sunday afternoon. Most players and families travel down on the Thursday and back on the Sunday afternoon/evening or Monday. Generally accommodation can be found from Mooloolaba to Caloundra which is all within 20mins from the field (pending busy traffic periods).
Training will commence early November once all the teams have been confirmed and coaches and assistant coaches have been appointed. Training sessions will be held on Sundays at Saleyards Park and will run for 1.5hrs. There will be approximately 12 sessions before the event. Attendance to a minimum of 75% of trainings arranged is expected as we look for commitment to our teams and coaches who will we be focused on developing the teams and players skills over this time. Failure to attend training will see your position in the team revoked.
Each year Rockhampton offers sponsorship opportunities to businesses in support of our teams. The sponsorship goes directly into the players by way of event set up (Marquee), catering (food and drinks) and supplies (Ice, first aid etc) during the event and awards presentations. Without the assistance of sponsors, Rockhampton Oztag will be limited in what is able to be supplied particularly with the increased number of teams we are taking to the event. If you know of a business or anyone who might be interested in our sponsorship packages, please send me an email and I will email you the request for sponsorship letter.
- The Senior State Cup is held from the 8th to 10th of March 2024
- The location of the event is the Sunshine Coast Stadium (Sportsmans Parade, Bokarina)
- Additional and Supporters merchandise – a separate link will be sent out in the coming weeks for you to be able to purchase additional items such as hats, bags, polos. So keep an eye out for that.
- We will look to hold a full Cyclones team meeting prior to the commencement of training so please keep an eye out for further information in the coming weeks.
- Our goal is to develop our players Oztag skills both individually and as a team whilst enjoying the experience.
- Click the registration link here – https://2024-qld-senior-state-cup.mysportsedge.com.au/
- Login to your account
- Choose “I am already on a Team”
- Choose the correct division in the Rockhampton Cyclones team
- Click “Save and Continue” (Registration fees are $120)
- Click “Continue Shopping”
- Select the uniform items you wish to purchase. You must purchase at least 1 playing top ($45) and 1 bottoms (shorts $45 or Tights $50) New design this year so you must order both.
- Make sure to select a number
- Uniforms need to be fitting. Excessively over sizes tops or pants will not be allowed to be worn at the event.
- Click “Check-out”
- Click “Continue” which will take you through to payment
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me on either email or give me a call if it is easier. Ryan – 0419741678 or email@example.com